Monday, December 28, 2015

Holidays


It’s sort of interesting to start a blog during the holiday season and while going through a divorce.  Going into the holidays this year I really didn’t know how I would feel or what to expect.  As you know, I make it a point to stay positive in my life.  Sure day to day things get to me every now and then as it would anyone.  But I make a choice each and every day to be happy.  Going into Thanksgiving I was fine.  Then I was hit with something I didn’t expect.  Pictures.  Of the soon to be ex and the mistress he left me for with MY kids playing “happy family”.  Didn’t expect to see that all over my Facebook.  I won’t lie, it didn’t sit well.  Now, to be fair, it wasn’t the ex that posted the pics – it was his sister in law but it doesn’t make it any less offensive.

As the Christmas season rolled in, I found myself without much holiday spirit.  I decorated the house a little bit but I didn’t have a tree.  I didn't decorate my office at work.  I wasn’t in the mood to shop.  I have yet to listen to one Christmas song or watch one Christmas movie.  Not one.  Depressed?  No, not really as I do have happiness in my heart for a lot of reasons.  Just weird.   I enjoyed it for what it was.  And it is always good to spend time with friends and family that you know care about you. And we did laugh  - y'all saw the FB posts.  It was just weird.   But, I survived. 

Now, as the New Year approaches, I can say I am truly filled with hope and anticipation.  The divorce will be final and I can close out that chapter of my life.  The new one I am writing for myself moving forward is so much better anyway.

1 comment:

  1. at least you wont have to put up all that Christmas stuff, stay positive!

    ReplyDelete